ITC Certificate in First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Fitness at SCQF Level 6
This qualification is for the sports person, coach, spectator or other involved adult. As well as the basic life support and illness management topics found upon most first aid courses, this qualification includes key sports related incident management topics. This qualification is recognised throughout the UK.
The qualification has been reviewed by Skills Active and is suitable for REP's cpd points by suitable training Centres.
Topics include; return to play decisions, managing specialist sports kit such as gum shields, when to and not to use ice, and sports specific first aid such as managing winding, blows to testicles, dead leg, possible compartment syndrome, assisting from pitch and other sports related first aid concerns.
This qualification is designed to provide essential life saving skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
Qualification training requires
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio
- Course must be completed within 5 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Certificate in First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Fitness at SCQF Level 6 with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another course after 3 years