ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This qualification is designed for workers caring for children in the absence of their parents.
This qualification indicates an individual can undertake the role of first aider in a position that has responsibility of caring for infants and children. It may also have been identified as necessary by a workplace risk assessment.
The qualification will benefit all who spend time in the early years environment and with pre-puberty children.
Topics include; planning for and dealing with first aid emergencies involving babies and children Including, CPR, shock, anaphylactic shock, bleeding, choking, seizures.
This qualification is designed to provide essential paediatric life saving skills and paediatric incident management. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
Qualification training requires:
- Minimum tutor contact time of 6 hours (excluding breaks).
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio.
- Course must be completed within 3 weeks of starting.
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours.
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion.
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another training course after 3 years.