ITC Level 2 Award In Activity First Aid
This qualification is suitable for individuals who require first aid training that is appropriate for those operating in active workplaces such as sporting or leisure environments.
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, minor incidents, using first aid kit, managing illness, managing injuries, managing heat and cold problems. All content applied to adult and child casualties.
Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance and two brief Multiple Choice Questionnaires.
Qualification training requires
- Minimum tutor contact time of 12 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio
- Course must be completed within 6 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (QCF) with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another training course after 3 years