Emergency First Aid at Work - Forrestry
Like the EFAW One day course this gives the base level of HSE First Aid Certification but also inlcudes the forrestry elements
Individuals working in an outdoor environment such as Tree Surgeons, Garden Design etc
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, assessing incidents, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, seizures, minor workplace incidents, using first aid kit.
This qualification is designed to provide essential life saving skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
Qualification training requires:
- Minimum tutor contact time of 6 hours (excluding breaks).
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio maximum
- Course must be completed within 3 weeks of starting.
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours.
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion.
- The HSE strongly recommend candidates take an annual 3 hour refresher during the lifetime of the qualification.
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another EFAW course after 3 years.